Ethernet/IP Configuration and Troubleshooting
This course should prepare you to effectively:
- Configure a Stratix® switch (5700, 8000, and/or 8300) to meet a variety of network requirements
- Assign IP addresses to devices on an EtherNet/IP network using rotary switches and a variety of software
- Monitor switch performance and status
- Diagnose and resolve issues with switches and devices on a network
During switch configuration, you will have an opportunity to:
- Configure a switch using both the Device Manager Web Interface and Studio 5000 Logix Designer® software
- Set up one-to-one IP address translation (NAT) for segmenting machine-level network devices from the plant network
- Secure and limit access to a switch
Once the EtherNet/IP network is up and running, you will monitor diagnostic information using web-based technologies and modify a web server module’s data views and tag values.
You will resolve issues with communication between devices on a network.
You will troubleshoot an EtherNet/IP network’s media and components (including the Stratix 5700 switch); run diagnostic tests to resolve system and port issues; and perform common functions such as resetting the switch.
Who Should Attend
Technicians and engineers who must deploy and maintain Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS) networks should attend this course.
- Assigning a Computer’s IP Address
- Pinging a Device’s IP Address
- Assigning IP Addresses Using RSLinx Classic Software and Rotary Switches
- Assigning IP Addresses Using BOOTP/DHCP Server Software
- Configuring Stratix 5700 Switch Settings Using the Express Setup
- Creating and Assigning VLANs
- Configuring DHCP Persistence
- Configuring Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Configuring Port Security and Traffic Monitoring
- Monitoring Stratix 5700 Switch Status and Performance
- Managing a Stratix 5700 Switch Using a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
- Isolating EtherNet/IP Network Problems
- Diagnosing Problems with EtherNet/IP Modules
- Diagnosing Problems with EtherNet/IP Network Components
- Monitoring an EtherNet/IP Network Using Web-Enabled Technologies
- Troubleshooting a Stratix 5700 Switch
- Updating Stratix 5700 Switch Firmware
This is a three-day course
This class begins on 2/15/2022 8:30 AM and runs for 3 days. Lunch will be provided.
4621 Executive Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46808